18 May 2019
- UPDATED our payment processes to get ready for Strong Customer Authentication. A big update for us.
- INVESTIGATED a bug that sometimes caused a 'looping login' failure where people were constantly redirected to a login page instead of, you know, actually logging in.
- FIXED a bug that stopped some users from adding comments to requests.
- FIXED a bug that meant that 'viewing' permissions on teams were not correctly updated in some circumstances.
- RESTORED some Google Analytics goal tracking that will help us understand where customers come from when they sign up. More customers = more development resources = better Turbine for everyone.
- FIXED bug that made it fiddly to add or edit or delete approval ranges on the purchase and expense settings page.
18 April 2019
Mainly minor bug fixes in this release:
- FIXED Can’t make a supplier inactive without adding an email address
- FIXED Problem when creating a team without a name
- FIXED Clear promo-code
- IMPROVED Email templates for exports
- FIXED Improvement to the super-admin support tools around two-factor authentication
12 April 2019
- We're switching to a new Help Scout system which will allow us to give better support. This migration should be completed in a matter of days.
- We added two factor authentication as an option.
- We added a limit of 1,000 records to the export feature to ensure system reliability and performance. For most users this is fine and you can always use the search and filter function to reduce the number of requests to get it under the 1,000 record limit.
- However, for some users, it's important to be able to export more records so we have added an export-to-email option with support for unlimited records.
- We have added a beta feature to allow Turbine customers to track 'activities'. This supports the points pricing model used by Articulate Marketing as an alternative to time sheets, Turbine's parent company. If you'd like to evaluate this please contact us and request beta access. This is a major update with new functionality.
- Tutorials are displaying properly again for new customers.
- We added a better filter on the calendar view.
- We fixed the functionality for managers creating requests on behalf of their subordinates.
- We made the side bar with the module icons scrollable so you can access everything on a smaller screen.
- We fixed issues with the search functionality so that it is now possible to search for suppliers and other things again.
- Many minor bug fixes, performance improvements and security updates.
20 December 2018
- We have improved the way we update Turbine so that new features and bug fixes take much, much less time to publish. This will reduce downtime on the app during the update process.
- Some fixes for Internet Explorer 11
- Fixes for the employee settings page
- We have added some options to the Features page which were previously only available via tech support requests, including control over whether teammates can see one another's availability, whether managers can create requests for their subordinates or add extra holiday days for their staff and a choice about whether employee-created suppliers should get added to the master list of approved suppliers or not.
- Fixed a bug that stopped employee avatars (the little pictures of people) from showing properly in emails and in some screens in the app
- Fixed a bug which stopped update notifications from being cleared once people clicked on them.
- Fixed the formatting of the employee export CSV so that you get one row per employee in the spreadsheet.
- Improved the display and alignment of the time off calendar
- Removed some legacy PayPal payment code
- Various cosmetic improvements
15 November 2018
- We discovered an issue that prevented time off days accruing for some users between September 11 and November 2. We have fixed the bug and ensured that all users have had their balances correctly updated. We will be writing directly to affected companies.
- Added an additional monitoring system to report 'cron' errors to spot if this kind of issue happens again much sooner.
- We also fixed a bug that was preventing some users from seeing and updating their email preferences.
8 November 2018
- Bug fix: some users were not able to download attachments in POs and other requests.
- Bug fix: some users were not able to log in.
7 November 2018
2 November 2018
- Fixed blackout days. On the time off settings it is possible to block out days of the week (e.g. Saturdays and Sundays) or specific days (e.g. Christmas day) to stop people being able to book a holiday on one of these days. We fixed some bugs on this section so that it works properly.
- Small updates for user profiles. While admin users can edit data on the employee records page, set email settings and multiple account logins for users, individual users should not be able to do this.
- Change in email settings save logic. Now email notification settings are saved with each change - no more 'save' button.
- Fix data ranges on Firefox browsers.
- Small style fixes for the sign up form. Validation errors are displayed in a neater way.
- Updated permissions for 'teammates can see time offs'. This setting is not (yet) available to general users. You need to contact Turbine Support to enable it. But it allows teammates in the same team to see one another's time off requests. However, during beta testing, we found a number of performance and permissions problems which we have now fixed.
- File data encryption at rest. We take security and privacy seriously at Turbine and we've implemented encryption at rest for uploaded attachments and images stored in Amazon S3.
- Preparations for improved sign up process. We moved the marketing website to HubSpot recently. (See this article for more details.) And we're in the process of moving the sign up process for new customers to HubSpot too. This is an important part of that process.
11 October 2018
- We've added notification summaries. Now you can get a single email every day with all your Turbine updates and requests. To activate this feature, select Email Settings on the menu under your name in the top right of the screen.
- Fixed 404 error that occasionally happened downloading a PDF using an email link.
- Added a third-party service to monitor our Cron jobs to make sure that we get an alert if there are any problems with time-based changes, such as marking taken time offs as actually taken.
- Fixed the way non-contiguous dates are displayed in time off requests. It's probably easier to show you what we fixed than explain it. Here's a screenshot.